This Is Our Home ~Happy Canada Day

    I did some quick decorating of our porch for Canada Day.
    We have misplaced our large Canada flag and stick flags so I just gathered some red and white items. (I may have heard a story about our kids and their cousins playing fort in the garage with the now missing flags.)
      
    I love barn stars, and always admire stars used in July 4th/Americana decor, so I brought out a little red tin mirror embossed with stars for our Canada Day Celebration. I'm going to have to spray a big barn star red or white for next year.
    I like seeing the reflection of the chair and throw in the little mirror.
      
    A red lantern from IKEA.
    I added a red fleece throw (until I make a red and white quilt), white pillows and the CANADA blocks. The little canoe paddle hints at our love of canoeing and the great outdoors we enjoy here in Ontario and across Canada. 

    To celebrate Canada Day, I thought you might like this song by the Mike Plume Band, 8:30 Newfoundland (This is Our Home). Just turn on your speakers and click the arrow.
    Theme music © Hinterland Who's Who (hww.ca), a program of the Canadian Wildlife Federation and Environment Canada 2003. Used with permission by MPlume.
    Hope you have a great day with the ones you love!

Post Title

This Is Our Home ~Happy Canada Day


Post URL

https://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2010/07/this-is-our-home-happy-canada-day.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List