Busy Painting Furniture

    I've been busy painting furniture and although I should have been done by now, I am nearing the finish line. My inspiration is an unfinished pine cupboard I painted Cloud white and aqua in 2008, black Windsor chairs from Ethan Allen and barstools from Maine Cottage in Porch finish:

    Image Left: Blue Clear Sky          Image Right: Ethan Allen
      
    Above image: Maine Cottage in Porch

    My favourite paint is BEHR Premium Plus Ultra Paint & Primer In One. I use a brush and it goes on so well, and hides previous colours too. I love their selection of colours and that the paint is just the right consistency. Not drippy nor too thick.
    I've been using lots and lots of paint in black, white and a pretty aqua.

    My good friend gave me a farmhouse table and four chairs that I love and I finally got the courage up to paint the wood.

    It has a great table that needs the top re-stained but is very solid and has extensions for the ends.
    By painting I can unify two different pairs of chairs with slightly different finishes. It was very hard to make the first brush stroke, but I love the results.
    I'm also painting tall bar stools for the breakfast bar that I bought off kijiji for $45 for the pair. The espresso coloured finish doesn't work with the other pieces in our home but they are the right height and very sturdy. Some aqua paint will fix that problem (I was going to use white but the cabinets are white and the bar stools would 'disappear.')
    Also on the paint 'hit' list is a little bench found for $3 at a yard sale that needed to lose the checkerboard and heart cutouts.
    Can you tell that I tend to start several projects at once? Hopefully I can fit in some more painting around calf shows and summer activities, and show some finished projects soon. Have a wonderful weekend.

Post Title

Busy Painting Furniture


Post URL

https://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2010/08/busy-painting-furniture.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List