Piles of Pillows

    I'm joining Donna for Funky Junk Interiors' SNS#50 PILLOWS feature. I love making pillows for our home. Sewing them myself makes them more affordable, and I don't stress when they end up on the floor or in sticky hands.
    This is a down/feather filled pillow made with drop cloth fabric. I used the hemmed section of the drop cloth for the hem on the ruffle.
    I made a pair of these blue striped box pillows with outdoor fabric and they are normally in a basket to be used for TV watching on the floor.

     Here I was experimenting with two different types of pleats and drop cloth fabric. I love the texture, the tiny flecks of darker colour, and the casual wrinkles. They wash very easily too.

    A cotton stripe with fold over edge and buttons, and a blue paisley fabric (the blue paisley is moving to our guest suite bedroom.)

    This spring I bought several patterns of outdoor fabric to make pillows for our farmhouse patio table and chairs. I could only find photos of two of the patterns, however.

    My friend  gave me some fabric that worked so well for pillows on our front porch.


    I love the texture of the white fabric I used for these pillows in the living room this past Christmas. They are now in our bedroom. The beauty of neutral fabrics is that it is so easy to move the pillows from room to room.

    This shows more of the texture of the white pillows. I added the gathered fabric to a pair of these blue and white ticking stripe pillows (sorry for the blurry photo.)

    This was our bedroom at Christmas. I love the down-filled scroll fabric pillow. The two white matelasse pillow shams were purchased, and I have since added a blue duvet and matching king pillows and shams. We also now have several other pillows in here (more photos need updating.) We have a TV in our bedroom and the four of us often watch a show together so all the pillows come in handy.


    We also have lots of pillows in our basement guest suite but I need to take photos of those when I finish rearranging some things down there.
    I love having pillows to snuggle with when I am relaxing. You probably noticed that I use easy care fabrics like cotton, drop cloth and outdoor fabrics. Our style is very casual so you won't find any fragile or fancy fabrics here. Pillows need to be picked up off the floor quite regularly around here, but they are one thing that I would have trouble living without. I would love to learn how to transfer images onto muslin and make a numbered pillow. Or find some great feed bags with agricultural themes for this farm loving family. I'm also surprised that although I love to quilt, I don't currently have any quilted pillow covers. I may just have to work on this too. Thanks for coming along on my pillow tour!
    I hope you can stop by Funky Junk Interiors and visit some of the other SNS links.


Post Title

Piles of Pillows


Post URL

https://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2010/10/piles-of-pillows.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List