My Quilts ~ At The Lake

    Today I am sharing a quilt in progress, At The Lake.


    I bought this fabric at the Creative Sewing and Needlwork Festival in Toronto a few years ago because it reminds me of all the time I have spent in beautiful Ontario cottage country. And it has been sitting in my fabric stash since then. I began cutting and sewing the other night. No pattern in hand, just the fabric, a few hours to myself, and a need to keep my mind busy. I cut the panels into squares and added 2 1/2" strips in a log cabin style. I may or may not add sashes between the blocks. There are 28 blocks, so I will lay it out and decide.


    Finding time to quilt is not always possible, but I enjoy it when I do. I dream of being able to buy any fabric I want, without concern for the cost. And a fancy quilting sewing machine! Forget shoes, this girl loves fabric! My fabric stash would be huge because while I love neutrals in our home, I have no problem with colour in quilts.


    Working on organizing our basement guest suite has reminded me of the number of quilts I have made over the years. They are neither fancy nor perfect, but lovingly made and used. We have taken bags of items to the thrift store, but I'm not parting with my simple quilts. I took photos of some today, on their way to the washing machine, and I will be posting them over the next while as a way to keep a record of them. And as a reminder to appreciate what I have.

    Wishing you all a Happy St. Patrick's Day!
    I'm sharing this at Jami's air your laundry friday party! I hope you stop by.

Post Title

My Quilts ~ At The Lake


Post URL

https://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-quilts-at-lake.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List