Authentic Style ~WhisperWood Cottage link party featuring FJI

    I was inspired to share some of my own authentic ways of making our home 'ours' after reading Amy of WhisperWood Cottage's blog today. Amy featured another one of my favourite blogger's style (Donna from Funky Junk Interiors) and encouraged us to link up to her Authentic Style Series and linky party.

    Donna definitely has a very authentic style but I thought I would share some ways I have incorporated the same elements into our home -rustic, nature's elements, unique, authentic (found objects and antiques), clean lines and creativity (thriftiness):


    I really love the freshness of painted furniture and accessories, but I also enjoy when the painted piece has a chippy or distressed finish. Metals that are rusty or show some wear and age really help add some rustic personality and authenticity to a room. I also like using pinecones, flowers, fruit, wood and beach stones to add some of nature's elements.

    I have quite a few antique collections and love finding bargains on my favourite collectibles, including vintage aqua mason jars, silver flatware,

    hand crocheted doilies & linens, rolling pins, galvanized metal buckets & watering cans, and white dishes & pitchers

    Rustic old barns, farmyards and barn stars are favourite subjects of mine. The barn photos I took of the rusty and chippy old farm gate and weathered barn are family favourites that hang above our board and batten wall in the kitchen.

    I'm a fan of a bit of rust and love the wear and patina on old objects too. This rusty old Ontario honey pail is a favourite find.

    Using rough cut wood, knots and all, for boxes, trays or benches is also a rustic touch I like to include in our fairly new home. One example is shown here in our kitchen beverage center.

    I love being creative (and saving money!) and make my own quilts, pillows and crocheted throws,

     and enjoy painting signs and furniture.

    I do have some elements of Donna's authentic style in our home, but in a way that is ours. Thanks to Amy for hosting this link party and by encouraging my reflecting on it, helping me to love the home we have created even more today.

    It has been a very busy week here as my sister was in the hospital for sheduled surgery (she is home now and doing well) and I spent each evening after work with her at the hospital. I will be catching up on my blog list and reader over the weekend. Thanks to all my followers and readers who continued to stop by. I'm very close to 400 followers and will be planning a giveaway soon!  Have a great weekend!

    I'm also sharing with French Country Cottage's Feathered Nest Friday.

Post Title

Authentic Style ~WhisperWood Cottage link party featuring FJI


Post URL

https://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/06/authentic-style-whisperwood-cottage.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List