Signs of Quilting

     I love quilts and have added some quilt signs to my studio/sewing room.

    I shared the most recent update with lots of photos for Where Bloggers Create at My Desert Cottage, but thought I would add a few more updates as they happen. I made this little sign for a basket on the top of the metal shelving unit, using a stencil. This is a handy spot for my ufo's (unfinished objects), out of the way but not out of sight. Why oh why do builders still use popcorn ceilings?!!!

    I made this sign by using acrylic craft paints to paint over a sign I didn't like.

    Then I printed off my lettering of choice on the printer and added the lettering to the sign using the pencil on reverse method.
    The letters are traced leaving faint pencil lines. I used a small brush and black acrylic craft paint to fill in the lines.


    A bit of antique glaze wiped on and off and a light sanding to give the sign a bit of age. It hangs above the door in my studio and adds a bit of interest.



    

Post Title

Signs of Quilting


Post URL

https://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/07/signs-of-quilting.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List