Our Laundry Room

    We are fortunate to have a laundry room on the second floor near our bedrooms.


    Our laundry room is quite small, with no windows, six white overhead cupboards, white 8" ceramic tile floors and a laundry sink. It is decorated with a favourite cross-stitch series that I stitched many years ago.


    Cross-stitch may not be a popular choice for decor but these are special to me. I think it is important to surround yourself with things you love. 


    My washboard collection (is 3 considered a collection?) adds some of my favourite elements ~wood, metal and vintage glass~ to this room.


    The vintage Canadian graphics on the boards really appeal to me. Worn and weathered.


    Two still have their original glass (the smaller one is well used and I found the larger one in new condition at an old hardware store.)


    The third washboard has a metal face. {Blurry photo alert: I have trouble sometimes with my glasses/vision and my viewfinder.)


    We added a large rod for hanging shirts right out of the dryer, and as a place to hang wet items (there is actually more clearance between the wall/washboards and hanging clothes than it appears.)


    I would love to have a small shelf between the cabinets and the mess of electrical and vent. We have more than enough storage, so the shelf would simply be for display. I would also love to change out the plastic laundry tub for a stainless sink and new faucet at some point too. Our laundry room is simple and on the small side, but certainly functional. Laundry is very much a shared chore between hubby and I and our favourite part is only having to take a few steps to put clean laundry away in the bedrooms. Do you think a shelf would work in that tricky spot?

    I'm linking with...
    Farmhouse Friday at LaurieAnna's Vintage Home
    Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
    Tuesday's Treasures at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

Post Title

Our Laundry Room


Post URL

https://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/09/our-laundry-room.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List