I Caught A Bit Of British Invasion Bug!

    I caught a bit of British invasion inspiration and decided to add a Union Jack Cross of St. George to a little table we had kicking around.


    I loved the inspiration I was seeing on pillows and dressers in blogland, and since my dad's family originated in England and our Ontario flag has the Union Jack on it, I thought it would be a fun thing to try.

    This is the first piece I have waxed and I love the results. I'm also enjoying the hits of colour added to our freshly painted white living room.The shutter was $5 at a yard sale and will soon be painted and that mirror propped in the corner is a work in progress.

    I used BM Ocean Spray as the base coat with a light top coat of denim blue. The Cross of St. George was done in craft paints. I distressed it fairly heavily to fade the flag and let the pine show through. 

    During:

    My plan with the taping didn't quite work out, but I think it hints at the Union Flag.

    Before: a little IKEA stool used as a nightstand with our oldest son's first bedroom set 12 years ago.


    Two shades of leftover paint, some craft paint stripes, sanding and wax paste and I now have a cute little table in our living room. The only new purchase was the paste finishing wax, $9.99 at Home Hardware.

    We have had rain, rain and more rain all week and it is supposed to continue so I'm really struggling with the lighting on these dark days. At least I have my little table to brighten things up a bit.


    I'm also linking to Primitive and Proper Piece of Work Wednesday!


Post Title

I Caught A Bit Of British Invasion Bug!


Post URL

https://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-caught-bit-of-british-invasion-bug.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List