Outdoor Sprucing

    We are beginning some outdoor sprucing here but I sure wish the weather would cooperate.

    So far spring has been really cool and raining for over a week. Not a lot has been done outside yet but I did sew some new outdoor pillows for the front porch to add to the ones I made for the backyard patio last year.

    I'm keeping the Muskoka chairs and hope to add some other seating soon. I spray primed and spray painted the windsor chairs (in the photo below) last year, but the sun back here was too harsh and they began peeling. I need to find weather tolerant chairs for the farmhouse table.


    We are really enjoying the new Unilock patio we added in late summer 2009.

    I'm glad that my hydrangeas survived the winter and a chocolate Lab puppy, and are starting to show signs of looking like this in a month or so.


    I can hardly wait for fresh cuttings and annuals.


    Sitting around the firepit and making s'mores is a favourite family activity and this little firepit will get a coat of fire safe paint if it ever stops raining. We are also spending a fair bit of time patching 'dog pee' spots in the grass.

    Lots still to do, but this upcoming weekend is our long Victoria Day Weekend, also know as May 2-4 weekend. That means garden centres will be in full swing and if the rain quits we may actually get a bit of planting done.  Here's hoping!

    I'm joining the HOME MAY'D Spring/Summer Link Party ~Outdoor Ideas party today at Centsational Girl.




Post Title

Outdoor Sprucing


Post URL

https://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/05/outdoor-sprucing.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List