Front Porch ~ A Canadiana Christmas Stop Four

    Welcome to our home in southern Ontario, Canada! Our small covered front porch introduces our Canadiana Christmas theme to our visitors.
    I decided I wanted some vintage wooden skis that I can use on our front porch and later move to our 'cabin' basement guest suite, and found these at a local recycling store for $10 for the pair. I was so excited to use them that I didn't even wipe the dust off them!
    I was inspired by some photos from Pottery Barn. PB carries found vintage skis for $299. Although the PB version appear to be older, I think ours are still pretty cool. I especially like that they have a wood finish and have the metal boot clips.
    Image: Pottery Barn
    I also really like that the skis I found are Canadian made and have the tiny maple leaf on the tips. Locals might recognize the Superior Ski and Sault Ste. Marie names on them (one of the Great Lakes and a northern Ontario town.) I used some burlap garland and more of the buffalo check ribbon used in our living room. The little lantern is battery operated and the sherpa lined blanket will keep someone warm while visiting on the porch.
    The planters on either side of our front door are filled with fresh greenery, red twigs and berries. I love the smell!
    A rustic snowman and woodland Santa hang on the wall.
    For the door I used a simple pine wreath with pinecones and a muslin bow.(Sorry for the lopsided bow in the other photos!)
    Thanks for stopping by! If you haven't already seen Stops One to Three of our Canadiana Christmas home tour, you can check out my previous posts. Have a great weekend!
    I'm linking up to the party at Funky Junk Interiors.

Post Title

Front Porch ~ A Canadiana Christmas Stop Four


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2010/12/front-porch-canadiana-christmas-stop.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List