Living Room Christmas Tree ~Canadiana Christmas Stop Five

     Welcome to Stop Five on our Canadiana Christmas tour where we are sharing our living room tree.
    The tree in our living room last year was decorated for a Cowboy Christmas. I reused many of the decorations this year, but added more Canadiana elements with animals like bears, loons and moose to remind us of our true Canadian wilderness. The rusty sleigh bells to recall winter sleigh rides with my father-in-law's Percheron team. The buffalo check to symbolize the warmth and coziness that blankets and handknits bring to our long Canadian winters. Little cabins, canoes and fishing creels help us to remember our time spent in the outdoors. The cows and barn stars, for our family's love of farming and barns.
    Our mantel shelf and Christmas village scene are in this room, too.
    On our new little hutch, we have snowmen and a Santa collection.This old mason jar was really simple to put together with some faux snow and a little snowman.
     
     The JOY bears on the little sled are very special. We bought them at the Christmas store at Disney World on our 2008 family trip. The vase is filled with bulbs from our pre-LED light strands.
    My Santa collection fills one shelf nicely.
    I just noticed that I took the pictures before I added the star tree topper. Oops! I'm slowing trying to get around to all my friend's blogs. As we all know this is a crazy busy time of year, and I haven't been feeling the best. I'm really looking forward to school finishing this week and a nice long Christmas break. Thanks for stopping by!


Post Title

Living Room Christmas Tree ~Canadiana Christmas Stop Five


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2010/12/living-room-christmas-tree-canadiana.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List