Christmas Dining Room Table Vignette

    I had fun styling our dining table for the Christmas season.


    For Christmas decorating this year in our dining room and living room I am using whites, creams, browns and tans, silver and shades of blue, mixing natural elements with shiny and sparkly. These colours, along with black, are the colours we have throughout our home all year. 


    For a focal point on our dining room pine farmhouse table I started with a plank of rough sawn solid cherry that we got from my father-in-law's former sawmill. The plank is layered on a white cutwork tablerunner and wide burlap ribbon.


    Then I began to gather items from around our home and in our Christmas bins. The only new purchase for this vignette was a pack of mini glass ornaments in blues (a pack of 24 on sale for $4 at Real Canadian Superstore this week.) I started with another length of burlap on the plank, then a length of sheer silver ribbon. Strings of cream and white beads were added on top of the ribbon and across the burlap. Then I added the little sled to the centre and an apothecary jar with silver balls and a glass vase with wine corks on either side. Gaps were filled in with silver and white votive candles, lots of glass candleholders, creamy-white pillar candles, and white square cut dinner candles.


    Next came large and small pinecones and fresh princess pine and aromatic cedar followed by shiny and matt mini glass ornaments in white, cream, silver, and shades of blue.

     A vintage Crown mason jar with river rocks holding some fresh pine and a kissing ball made of birch bark curls sit on the little sled.


    Despite the constant rain these past few days, and the fact that it gets dark now so early, I decided to take these photos this afternoon. I am hoping for some sunshine by the weekend to take photos of both Christmas trees. I'm not a pro, but I sure had fun pulling this together. It is probably not practical for dining, but we have another table in our kitchen. For Christmas Eve and Christmas day we will need both tables so I will probably move this display and just use a simple pitcher with greenery or flowers. But for now, we are really loving it. 

    There are so many great parties to join this week, and I'm loving all the holiday inspiration at the following parties...

Post Title

Christmas Dining Room Table Vignette


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/11/christmas-dining-room-table-vignette.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List