PEACE Banner in Naturals and Blues

    It may not have traditional Christmas colours, but this PEACE banner is the first thing I have made for Christmas decorating this year.


    It is also the first indoor decoration we have in place. (Warning: Evening photos that are making my white living room walls look yellowy. I'll have to try again in daylight.)


    I made this PEACE banner with items I already had in my craft supplies, so there was no new cost. I didn't have chipboard letters to glitter, so I used cardstock to print out large outlined letters on Microsoft Word. I cut the cardstock into squares making sure the letter was centered in each square. Using a small paintbrush I painted inside the outlined letter with white glue and poured on the Martha Stewart glitter in azure. If you miss a spot, just add more glue with the tip of the brush, and then pour on more glitter.


    With blue accents in our living room, I decided on a natural and blue theme for this banner. My boys are taller than me, so they hung it up tonight, but I may adjust the height. 

    I love the sparkle of the Martha Stewart azure glitter. With chipboard letters there would be more dimension and a layered look, but I'm happy with my make-do version. The loose weave burlap is cut from a roll of burlap from Michaels craft store (the same type I used on our Canadiana Christmas tree last year and our Cowboy Christmas Tree the year before.)


    The little bows are a light blue sheer wire-edged ribbon.  


    Wishing all my American blogging friends a Happy Thanksgiving! and PEACE! We are having a quiet weekend (our Thanksgiving here in Canada was back in October) but my sister, bil, and nieces are headed to Pittsburgh Pennsylvania for a girl's hockey tournament.

    I'm sharing with...
    Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm
    WOW us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
    Under $100 party at Beyond the Picket Fence
    SNS at Funky Junk Interiors - Rustic/Natural/Burlap Christmas Decor 2011 Special
     

Post Title

PEACE Banner in Naturals and Blues


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/11/peace-banner-in-naturals-and-blues.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List