Dairy Inspired Cloche

    Most of my readers know we are a bit farm and cow obsessed at our home, in the nicest way of course ; )


    With the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair starting this week in Toronto, Ontario, I was inspired to create a dairy themed cloche centerpiece for our kitchen. We have always attended 'The Royal' (Canada's most prominent agricultural event held indoors for two weeks every November) but it is even more fun for us now because our oldest son participated in the dairy show last year, and will be participating in the beef show this year.


    For this centerpiece, I used a black wire cloche on a white platter. Because the cloche is tall, I added a vintage wooden spool to raise the old milk bottle with the embossed 'Brampton Jerseys' label. A white Holstein Dairy show ribbon and vintage brass cow tags, and a trio of little milk/cream bottles complete the centerpiece. My son thought it was crazy that I wanted to use a white ribbon because they are 3rd place, when I could have used 1st place red ribbons. It's all about the colour, baby.


    We have put away all our Halloween decorations and I'm enjoying this simple look in the kitchen. This centerpiece, the Keady Livestock and Farmer's Market sign, and my barn photos will be the backdrop to many conversations our family will have around this farmhouse table in the next few weeks. A bit of farm love in suburbia!


    Thanks to the many blogs I read, including Marty's at A Stroll Thru Life, I had the courage to attempt this little arrangement using items I already had on hand quickly after work today. Marty said just about anything could go under a cloche. If you question your decorating skills, as I often do, or think you don't have the items it takes to put together a little vignette, you may miss out on the pleasure of adding some personality or seasonal fun to your home. Look around your home, take inspiration from others, and just go for it. Happy November!

    I'm joining...
    Fall Cloche Party at A Stroll Thru Life
    White Wednesday at Faded Charm
    WOW Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Charm

Post Title

Dairy Inspired Cloche


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/11/dairy-inspired-cloche.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List