Opinions needed please

    We have had a busy weekend here doing family things and some organizing and rearranging. I was hoping I could get some opinions on our living room. We switched the leather sofa into the family room and it is working out well. The white slipcovered sofa is in the front living room now and I am continuing to move things around. I'm striving for a farmhouse at the lake feel (although we don't have a farmhouse or a lake-yet.)
    This room is small and does not get a lot of natural light as the window is narrow and shaded by the porch roof. I added the two mirrors, flanking the wall shelf, hoping to reflect some light into the room. Dark paint does not work in here. Currently it is a creamy white with a hint of yellow. I need to look up the colour. 
    My first question is: Do the mirrors look odd there? Should I move them? If I take them down would the mantel shelf look odd by itself?  The large framed pieces and accessories can be moved. The table on the right is already moved to be our new computer table in the family room. Please feel free to leave a comment whether you have a suggestion or not. Have a great Sunday.
    Edited to add: Thanks for all the great comments. I have added these older photos of our living room, when we had the leather couch in here, to give you a better idea. We still have all the pieces, some are just being used in other rooms. The chairs have white slipcovers almost completed.




Post Title

Opinions needed please


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2010/04/opinions-needed-please.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List