More Backyard Inspiration

    Lots of time was spent this week searching the internet for more ideas for our patio seating and dining. The weather is beginning to warm up and I need to get busy getting our backyard ready for summer.

    image:Country Living

    I love the photo above. It is no secret that I love Muskoka chairs (aka Adirondack). Love them. A few years ago we scored a croquet set for $2 from a neighbour's garage sale. No little croquet stand though. I'll have to get creative.
    I posted about some plans for our new patio here and here. This is the fabric I will be using.

    Blue Clear Sky

    This banner would be a great way to add some fun and colour to our small backyard using the leftover fabric. Our neighbours put in an awesome pergola last year, and a hot tub too! We hope to add one (the pergola) in a year or two because the back of our home gets the hot afternoon sun and tons of light with our skylights.
    I'm still searching for an affordable wood table and some mismatched chairs to use as our outdoor dining set. This past weekend was pretty cold, we even had snow flurries, and I could only find 3 garage sales in town.

    image:Country Living

     I picked up a galvanized watering can from Canadian Tire for $8 and already have a bunch of small galvanized plant pots. I like the large galvanized bucket in the photo below.
     image:Country Home

    More of the mismatched chairs. I like that these are both white and brown and that there is lots of seating.

    image:Country Living

    Another white pergola {SIGH} and I love the rustic look of this table, below.

    image:Country Living

    The chandelier is great, but if I found a beauty like that it would be IN the house. No way would I put my first chandy outdoors. Love the old table used as a coffee table.

    image:Country Home

    Some of my tulips bloomed today and we raked the front flower bed. I need to get busy and find some dining pieces to paint. We got an offer on our sectional outdoor sofa. It was only one month old and we were offered more than we paid for it (we bought it on sale towards the end of the season.) After much thought and discussion, we decided to accept the offer, and the new owners picked it up today.
    Hoping you are having a great week!

    Linking up this week to Melissa at The Inspired Room's Inspired By party.

Post Title

More Backyard Inspiration


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2010/04/more-backyard-inspiration.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List