A Trip To Quilter's Nine Patch in Elmira

    We took a trip to St. Jacob's and Elmira today. We stopped at one of my favourite shops, Quilter's Nine Patch in Elmira, Ontario.
     

    It is attached to At The Crossroads buffet restaurant/gift shop and both the exterior and interior are very inviting. The photo above is from their shop in the fall. At this time of year the gardens and entry are overflowing with colourful summer blooms. I should have brought my camera!


     They have so many beautiful collections, but I was drawn to the civil war section to add to a collection I started.


    I bought some civil war darks to go with the roll of lights I bought last summer. My plan is to make a log cabin quilt using the civil war lights/darks. Today I bought 4 fat quarters ($18) and I still need to pick up a few more darks when we make a trip back. I try to break up my purchases because I find fabric to be so expensive.


    As soon as I finish organizing my hobby room and finish a UFO, I'm going to enjoy breaking into this collection of fabric.


    They guys spent several hours in the livestock exchange and I browsed the market stalls and picked up fresh Ontario strawberries to make more jam. It was a beautiful, warm and sunny day. Perfect for enjoying Mennonite country. 

Post Title

A Trip To Quilter's Nine Patch in Elmira


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/07/trip-to-quilter-nine-patch-in-elmira.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List