Studio Inspiration and a Peek at Mine

    I love the unfitted look, and storage potential, of furniture repurposed for craft or sewing rooms.


    This scrapbook cabinet, featured this week in BHG's decorating newsletter, probably dates to the 80's as a tv/stereo components cabinet. With large flatscreens now so popular, I see these regularly on kijiji and Craigslist really cheap and often free. Some fresh paint and a few storage containers and you have an inexpensive solution for all your craft needs.


    Or how about fabric and craft storage in some freshly painted bookcases and china cabinets. In mismatched or dated wood tones they might just look like leftovers. Painted fun and fresh colours, I think they look adorable and intentional. I love the display space on top too. Seriously, I would swoon if I had all the fabric in these photos.

    1wan1

    I'm fortunate to have a studio/sewing room. Our 4th bedroom, our smallest upstairs bedroom measuring 9' x 10', is a room that I can work in, and close the doors on when it gets too messy. Believe me, it gets very messy. We hung second hand kitchen cabinets and base cabinets that I had planned to paint. I even added beadboard wallpaper to the edges and underneath. I stalled there, trying to decide what to do.


    I've tried rearranging things in this small space several times, but I think bookcases or hutches might be a better solution. They are tall, and hug the wall saving valuable floor space. In a 9' x 10' room I need all the floor space I can get. Maybe I should take the cabinets down. Or maybe I should work with a combination of the two hanging cupboards and tall bookcase/hutches.


    For my sewing and crafting surface I am using my old farmhouse dining table. It is quite large for a room this size but I like that I am able to spread things out.  


    I am working with a wire shelving unit we have until I find some great pieces to paint. Hopefully now that I am off work for the summer, I can spend some time organizing the disaster my studio and take some photos this week. Nothing gorgeous or finished but I'll still share the photos.

    I'm linking up with SNS at Funky Junk Interiors. Hope you can stop by.

    This year will be my first to link up at My Desert Cottage's Where Bloggers Create 2011. I'm going to roll up my sleeves and get organizing!


Post Title

Studio Inspiration and a Peek at Mine


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/07/studio-inspiration-and-peek-at-mine.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List