Tablescape Thurs. - Polishing Up The Silver



    Hurray, it's time for one of my favorite meme's, and thanks again to Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for hosting Tablescape Thursdays. Be sure to visit her and see her lovely tablescape and all the other participants.

    I've set the table for a very small dinner party. I thought I would use some of my silver for this table.


    I've used all white with the only color being the silver and the dark navy napkins.


    I found the candlesticks at GW and they are perfect with the silver pieces that I'm using.


    I've used my silver water pitcher to hold the flowers and the candle light just makes them sparkle.


    A look at the entire table.


    The little mirrored tealight holders came from the Dollar Tree and create some extra sparkle on the table. Love the way the cut and etched crystal picks up all the light.


    A view from above.


    We'll be serving Sparkling Cider, compliments of Laura from the Az. Blogger lunch. I placed it in a crystal wine saucer and placed a silver stopper to use after it is opened.


    Love this silver butter buttler and the salt and peppers. They are a couple of my very first pieces.


    My silver coffee service. I've set the table with cups and saucer so we can have coffee with dinner since the weather has cooled down.


    Silver gravy boat. This will hold the Aujus to go with the Prime Rib.


    Two different crystal patterns, both are very old, however I don't know the pattern of either one.


    Navy blue napkin with the white Gibson dishes from Big Lots and silver chargers that I found at the GW. The lace tablecloth is one that I've had forever.


    Just a little candle light.


    This just shows that you can set a pretty table without a lot of expense. I know a lot of people are getting rid of their silver and I see it all the time at GW. I have had all of mine for many, many years and I still love it, however there are some fabulous buys out there if you are in the market. If you like silver, just pick up a few pieces and add them to a simple table and watch how it changes everything.
    Thanks so much for stopping by, I always look forward to your visits.

Post Title

Tablescape Thurs. - Polishing Up The Silver


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/11/tablescape-thurs-polishing-up-silver.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List