Tablescape Thursday - Apples and Roosters



    Thanks to Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch we all get to play with our dishes again. Be sure to check out her tablescape for today and a list of all the other participants.

    Today I am usuing 2 of my cloches filled with apples and a couple of wood candlesticks as the centerpiece. I've added my rooster and hen plates for a warm and cozy setting.


    Apples are so plentiful right now, however mine are of the "faux" variety. They fit really well in both of these cloches, and tied with a little gingham ribbon, they look bright and cheery.


    Now obviously you can tell that I am also promoting the "Holiday Cloche Party" on Dec. 4th. lol I really enjoy this little cloche, it has such a pretty topper and is so small. It holds a few of my tiny apples just perfectly.


    I know several of you have this same pretty bird cloche. I love the bell shape of this one and again the apples work really well to fill it up.


    A view of each placesetting. I am using a red tablecloth that I have had for years and my everyday flatware. I used the ruffled placemats that I found at TJMaxx quite a while ago, and the chargers are Roscher from Home Goods. Each of the plates has a different rooster or hen design on them. They are the Haldon Group Devonshire mcmlxxix. They were a gift I received over 20 yrs. ago. I love these plates and from time to time they hang on the wall. The cup and saucer are the famous Gollum dishes.


    A view of the other three plates. I love that they are all black and white with the pretty red lattice border.






    The milk glass glasses have a lovely grape and vine pattern on them and came from the GW.


    The cream and sugar are Peppertree Tabletops Fine Porcelain. I found these at Ross. I thought the pretty ruffled base went well with the ruffled placemats.


    The little tealight holders came from Fry's Grocery Store on their clearance aisle for $1 each. I love the pretty pattern they cast on the tablecloth. They will be perfect for Christmas since the design alsmost looks like a snowflake. Here you can also see the famous Target birds.


    A view by candlelight as the sun starts to go down.


    Just another look at the entire table.


    Don't forget that the "Holiday Cloche Party" is scheduled for Dec. 4th. At this party we will feature all of our cloche decorations for both Thanksgiving and Christmas or however you use them in your home this time of year. Also remember that you can use your apothecary jars too or any type of container that you decorate in or under. If you would please grab the button on my sidebar to help spread the word I would really appreciate it. I can't wait to see all of your inspiring creations.

Post Title

Tablescape Thursday - Apples and Roosters


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/11/tablescape-thursday-apples-and-roosters.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List