Natural and Rustic Wreath and a peek at our Cowboy Christmas Tree

    Bringing the rustic and natural colours from our living room at the front of the house, out onto our front porch/entry, has been my goal this week. These are the colours I used on our tree in the living room visible from the front porch window (to the left of the door and not seen in this photo.) The tree is almost finished, but I'm having trouble finding the burlap ribbon that some of you suggested in the comments here. In case I don't find it, I made garland ribbon out of drop cloth fabric, 4 " wide simple cut with no hems, and seamed together to make one continuous piece.

    I sewed a bow out of the drop cloth fabric for the wreath on our front door. I wanted to go for a more simple look, and yet have the bow large enough to make a statement. Do ya think it's too big or droopy? I've gotten used to the wired sheer ribbons that take shape so easily and this is a big change from that. I may add one or two of the rusty stars from the tree, still thinking on that one.

    I still have more front of the house decorating to do, including changing out the ribbon in the three sap bucket holders on the porch light and garage lights to drop cloth. I may just tear strips for those bows 'cause the pair on the garage lights may not hold up in the rain and snow. I will walk the woods and add some natural elements too. 

    It's tough to get a good photo of the nubbiness and flecks of colour of the drop cloth. I've got a lousy camera and we have had fog even into the afternoons for the past five days and not a peek of sun all week. Dark and dreary.

    Before, snowmen and snowflakes. This is how I did our door last year, but I was looking for a change this year. 


    Below is a peek at our Cowboy Christmas tree in the living room this year. Much less red and with the torn drop cloth ribbon. Rusty stars and large bells, some smaller copper coloured bells and raffia, along with a few cowboy ornaments. And white lights. I love white lights. I also sewed a drop cloth tree skirt, simple but sweet, and a new table runner for the front hall cabinet. And the best part, it was very reasonable to make the changes as my friend gave me several metres of fabric and I had all the decorations except one package of the smallest sleigh bells and 10 more rusty stars at $1.29 each.
    Not perfect, but perfectly us.

    I'll be linking to Shabby Chic Cottage's Transformation Thursday party. Thank's Gina, for hosting yet another great party!

    Also linking up to Fireflies and Jellybeans Show off Your Stuff party. Thanks Fawnda and Jeannine.



    I'm loving all these parties! Melissa at The Inspired Room's Holiday Linky Friday Party is one I'm joining for sure.



    And of course, Funky Junk Interior's Saturday Nite Special party. Thanks Donna!


Post Title

Natural and Rustic Wreath and a peek at our Cowboy Christmas Tree


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/11/natural-and-rustic-wreath-and-peek-at.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List