Met. Monday - A Little Holiday Decorating



    We have to thank the sensational Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for hosting this wonderful event every Monday. Be sure to check out her blog to see what all she's created and a list of all the wonderful and creative participants.



    I am also linking to Debra's Bungalow for her Sharing Thanksgiving party. Be sure to visit her to see all of the wonderful things everyone is sharing.

    There is nothing going on around here in the way of remodeling or refinishing, just a little re-shuffling of accessories. I've started to change things a little for the Holiday season. This small change will probably get me kicked out of MM. I am determened this year to use what I have and all the Christmas boxes are still in the attic, so I'm just rearranging. Remember this is the way the dining table and buffet looked a while back.


    Well, I thought since I have my lovely lady figurines on the shelves on the Dining Room wall that I would add one to the table under one of my cloches. This cloche just fits these ladies perfectly. (Ok, so I am still promoting the "Holiday Cloche Party). I have no shame.


    I sat this lovely lady on a berry candle ring and tied a little ribbon on top of the cloche.


    I've also added a little bit of berry garland and a few gold ribbon loops to the base of the floral arrangement. I left the Bible open to Psalms 100. One of my favorite Psalms.


    I thought this just dressed up the table arrangement a little.


    Now on to the buffet. This is the arrangement I showed you when I was trying to figure out what to do with the buffet for fall.


    I removed the tureen and added another floral arrangement that echoes the look and feel of the one on the table. I also added a few more brass candlesticks and placed them all on a tablerunner I made out of some of the leftover fabric from the top of the drapes.


    I added a few gold ribbon loops to this arrangement to tie it into the Dining Table.


    My Thanksgiving table will feature a lot of candles and gold. I thought this would also continue the theme from that tablescape. Be sure to check back for TT so see my Thanksgiving table.


    The same gold charger and candlesticks that I had before.


    This looks a little bit dressier for the Holiday and all I have to do is move the floral arrangement and use the buffet for the coffee service.


    Just a little sneak peek at my Thanksgiving tablescape. See you on Thursday for TT.


    Thanks so much for stopping by. Don't forget to get all of your cloches ready for the "Holiday Cloche Party" on Dec. 4th. I can't wait to see what all you create.

Post Title

Met. Monday - A Little Holiday Decorating


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/11/met-monday-little-holiday-decorating.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List