Looking for more Cowboy/Farm ornament ideas

    I'm doing a bit of Christmas decorating pre-planning and hoping that I can get some ideas to add to our cowboy/farm inspired Christmas tree. These photos are from last Christmas (I didn't blog then.) If you are looking for an update to this tree, see here.

    Cowboys, farms and most things western and rustic are very special to my family and myself, even though we live in a suburb. My husband grew up on a farm, his parents and relatives still farm, and our oldest is very active in our local 4H dairy and beef clubs. This past Christmas I was inspired by mysweetsavannah's Cowboy Christmas tree she did for her son's room. I quickly pulled together some ornaments for the tree in our living room. The boys and our guests loved it, but it feels a little bare to me. (The rifle is a toy our youngest brought back from Disney World. The worry about the airports and customs is a whole other story.)
    I thought to use the lariats wrapped around the tree, but my boys actually practice with them so I left them in the old tool box at the base of the tree. This year I plan to add more ranch/farm decorations, as my boys spend hours planning for their 'one day' farm. They also have tons of collectible cows, horses and small tractors and I may just try to convince them to let me use the animals and tractors on the tree this year. Any more ideas? I would love to get some suggestions. Something to use as filler or in place of traditional bows? I'll look for unique decorations when we go to the 87th annual Royal Agricultural Winter Fair in Toronto this week. I have two of these cowboy on his horse. 


    I made the mini lariats/lasso at the last minute and should probably make some more this year.

    I pulled this tee pee out of the toy box. I used white lights, my favourite.

    I Loooove stars, especially barn stars.


    An outgrown leather kids belt and some rusty ornaments.


     I thought of using an inexpensive saddle blanket as a tree skirt, but I do sew if you have any other ideas. I would love to hear them! Thanks to Donna for hosting!
    Funky Junk Interior's Saturday Nite Special


Post Title

Looking for more Cowboy/Farm ornament ideas


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/11/looking-for-more-cowboyfarm-ornament.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List