Tablescape Thurs. - Thanksgiving Dinner



    Thanks to Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for hosting this fun event. I love playing with dishes and creating tablescapes, and she does the most amazing ones you have ever seen. Be sure to visit her blog and see her beautiful tablescape and a list of all the other participants.

    I've set the table today for Thanksgiving Dinner. I wanted the table to have a little elegance and I always think gold and candles evoke a sense of elegance.


    The floral centerpiece is made up of all kinds of dried and silk flowers that I had, plus a few pheasant feathers and gold ribbon loops for a bit of shine and drama. It's placed on a bronze and gold pedestal.


    The gold banded crystal stem is a set that I found at GW. I don't know the pattern, but I love the detail and the shape. The small crystal stems came from my MIL. She got them for a wedding gift 70 yrs. ago. They are a prized possession.


    Each placesetting is set with a gold charger and a dinner and salad plate that is Noritake Marigold Japan. It was made between 1921 - 1924. I found this gorgeous china at GW. It has the softest yellow border with a very detailed band and swag, with beautiful florals between the swags. Definitely one of my better finds.


    Along with 7 plates and 6 salad plates there were several serving pieces. I love the graceful detail on this bowl and the very heavy gold banding.


    The gravy boat has an attached saucer. Every one of the pieces were in perfect condition. Even all the gold was perfect.


    The platter is the perfect size. Not too small or too large. I really thing they are all so pretty.


    The table is set with a dark peach tablerunner made from leftover fabric from the LR sofa pillows. I used a lot of candles in different sizes and placed some more gold ribbon loops in amongst the berry garland.


    I used a mix of candlesticks that are antique and newer. All of the brass candlesticks are antique ones that I've had for many years. The bronze and gold ones are the newer ones.


    This gives you a look at the floral pedestal. When it's time to eat the floral arrangement will be removed from the pedestal and a large bowl of fruit salad will be placed in it. This will not obstruct the view of everyone at the table so the conversation can be shared by everyone. I love it when everyone talks all at once and the laughter is continuous. To me that's the perfect meal.


    This side of the table also has a mix of old and new candlesticks. I think they work well together.


    A final view of the entire table.


    Thanks so much for stopping by, I wish you all the Happiest of Thanksgivings and pray that you can spend the day with all the ones you love. God Bless.


Post Title

Tablescape Thurs. - Thanksgiving Dinner


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/11/tablescape-thurs-thanksgiving-dinner.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List