Happy Thanksgiving and Roses

    It is our Thanksgiving weekend and in between cleaning and preparing for guests I bought myself a boquet of roses.


    I don't usually indulge, but today I popped by our local grocery store for a few forgotten ingredients and couldn't resist. They had beautiful Fall bouquets and potted mums, but I was drawn to the simplicity and beauty of these roses.


    They started out in a galvanized sap pail in the dining room,


    but soon moved to the kitchen. I think I like the simplicity of them better in the dining room. Remington was very curious.


    (I really need to change the placement of our light and I should probably redo the finish on our farmhouse table to better match the buffet and china cabinet.)


    I am really enjoying these roses as we prepare for 25+ family members for an early dinner tomorrow (my husband and sister are helping.) The menu includes turkey, spiral ham, meatballs, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberries, turnip, caesar salad, rolls, corn, peas, and a veggie tray to start. Dessert includes pumpkin pie with whipped cream, apple pie with ice cream, and confetti squares. We are blessed to have our family, our home to welcome guests and food to share.


    Wishing you all a great weekend, and to my Canadian readers and friends a happy Thanksgiving!

    Joining the party at...

Post Title

Happy Thanksgiving and Roses


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/10/happy-thanksgiving-and-roses.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List