From Weather Worn to Fresh Grey

    This past week I worked on two little tables that were damaged by sun and rain all summer.


    Waiting for some sunshine to take photos this week didn't work out so I went ahead and took these photos late this afternoon (lamps required at 3 pm, yuck!)


    I really liked the look of these little rattan and iron tables ($5 each at a yard sale in May) but I left them outdoors over the summer and the weather was really rough on them. They started like this:


    They were probably meant for a sun porch or covered patio, not full on sun and rain exposure. Oops!


    I decided to take them apart and spray the wrought iron legs with Krylon satin black spray paint. I used a stiff brush to scrape off the chipping and peeling finish from the rattan. I was going to try a stain, but I thought it might look too patchy. I ended up giving the top and lower shelves a coat of mistint grey Behr Paint and Primer in One. Some spray sealer should protect them enough for indoor use.



    I prefer the original finish, but the grey gives them a fresh start. The tables are currently in our living room, but may be switched out to the basement guest bedroom as night tables. Hoping you are having a great week!

    I'm joining...
    Piece Of Work Wednesday Furniture Link Party at Primitive and Proper.
    WOW us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
    Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm
    Furniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard Seed

Post Title

From Weather Worn to Fresh Grey


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/10/from-weather-worn-to-fresh-grey.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List