Our Family Room

    I took some new photos of our family room while our home was still quiet early Sunday morning.

    My family arrived for Thanksgiving dinner later in the day. The slipcovers are still wrinkly from a recent wash but with kids and a chocolate Lab that is the least of my worries. I just added some new frames and photos this week so the photo galleries are a work in progress.


    My roses seem to keep following me from room to room ;-)


    The IKEA sofa slipcover isn't a perfect fit on our custom couch, but it works fairly well and hides the busy upholstery.


    We brought a wing chair up from the basement for extra seating and I need to make a slipcover (it has dark green and navy upholstery) so I am using a bedspread temporarily. The blue is pretty close to the colour of the armoire to the left of the chair.


    Our family room is not perfect but it is a comfortable room for our family to watch tv and use the computer (our computer table is in the corner behind the blue chair.)


    This room has changed a fair bit in the past two years. Before (2009):



    I have lots of plans for it, but for now I want to finish the fireplace/tv nook wall to carry the kitchen board and batten around to the family room side of this wall and add a fireplace mantel. I also need to change the lamps and/or shades. Oh, and work on the photo walls.


    Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian readers and friends and wishing you all a great week ahead! Thanks for stopping by!

    I'm linking with...
    Saturday Night Special at Funky Junk Interiors
    Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch.


Post Title

Our Family Room


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/10/our-family-room.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List