Halloween in the Living Room

    Trick or treaters will be coming to the front door in less than two weeks so I thought I had better get a start on Halloween decorating.


    Since our mantel in the family room is STILL not finished, I thought I would throw together a display in the living room (that you can see from the front door and window.) We would really like a large piece of furniture (bookcases, hutch etc.) for this spot but in the meantime I used the little bench. I love our living room now that the walls are white (Benjamin Moore Cotton Balls, and trim BM Snowfall White.) Even on dark and rainy days like today it is brighter in here.


    We love cows so I thought the cow skeleton print would be cute (I'm not into super creepy.) I hung the frame with some Halloween ribbon and added the little orange wreath for colour.


    The cute vintage cat conductor and pumpkins fills another repurposed frame. I had painted the frames and mats white (formerly'80's pinks and blues with cheap prints) and was just waiting for a use for them. 


    The shutters were $5 at a yard sale and the empty frame was a $1 find that I also painted white. I used one of my Halloween quilts and a pillow I made with leftover check fabric, on the chair.


    The little metal haunted house lights up with a tealight, and is propped on some black books that came in a box of free books from my sil. Note the titles~ Grave Secret and Ghost at Work!


    Another Halloween quilt hangs on the ladder. The little bench is a $3 yard sale find that I painted black and then white. I still plan to distress it and use some extra trim to cover up the heart cut-outs. Until I pick up some fresh pumpkins I am using this white ceramic pumpkin. We will go get our pumpkins if this rain ever lets up! I think I managed to add some Halloween fun to our home, even without a mantel, using items we already had.

    I'm linking to the following parties...
    Halloween Mantel Linky Party at HomeStoriesAtoZ.com

    Home Stories A2Z













    Potpourri Friday at 2805
    2805

    Saturday Night Special and Halloween Theme at Funky Junk Interiors


Post Title

Halloween in the Living Room


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/10/halloween-in-living-room.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List