Tablescape Thurs. - Provence of France



    I love Thursdays thanks to Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch. She is our wonderful hostess for this wonderful tablescape meme. Be sure to go by her place to see what she's created and all the other tablescapes everyone has to show us. Great inspiration and eye candy.

    Today in honor of the "Julia" movie, I got to thinking about France and especially the farms in the Provence of France. It seems they were elegant and casual all at the same time. They loved their blue and yellow and their farm animals.

    The French usually have one special piece on their table. I am using my very special soup tureen for a soup and salad lunch. I just love all the wonderful detail on this tureen.


    I've set a very simple table, with just the tureen and a couple of candles for ambiance.




    A view of the place setting. I've used my GW blue bubble glasses, and stacked an array of different dishes. The napkin is a yellow and white small windowpane design.


    The napkin rings are all farm animals that I found on Ebay and won. This one is a cute chubby pig.


    A really sassy rooster.


    The cutest little bunny.


    And finally a darling little duck. I think they are all so cute.


    The soup bowl is another one of my GW finds a while back. They say Totally Today - Made in China on the back.


    The salad place is a very soft yellow color. The pattern is Home Plate - Nikko Woodbury. These are more GW treasures.


    I fell in love with these dinner plates. The pattern reminds me of the Provence tableclothes and linens. The back says Block Avignon - Linda Grayson 2002 I just found these yesterday at GW. I also found the most wonderful lamp that I will show later.


    The charger is Roscher that I found at Home Goods a while ago.


    A final look at the table.


    I hope you enjoyed my little make believe trip to the Provence of France. I always appreciate your visits and hope you'll come back soon.


Post Title

Tablescape Thurs. - Provence of France


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/08/tablescape-thurs-provence-of-france.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List