Show us Your Roosters



    Yeah, what a fun party. Thanks to Barb @ Bella Vista for hosting this fun party. I know we all love our roosters and I can't wait to see all of yours on display. Be sure to check out her blog for a list of all the participants.


    I guess I really had a few more roosters than I thought. Just taking a look at my kitchen you see quite a few on display.


    Starting with the top of the cabinets, I have a really whimsical little planter. I love the fun and cheery colors and the check border.


    Then I have two wood roosters. I found these guys quite a few years ago in a thrift store. They weren't old, but I thought they were cute.


    This one is my all time favorite. It is very old. I found it in an antique shop in Fredricksburg, Texas. It is a primitive piece from Pennsylvania. I love the warm patina the wood has.


    I've had these two rooster prints for many, many years and still love them.






    These are my newest rooster friends. I love the big fat one, he always makes me think he's laughing, and the little one has such a regal pose you can tell he thinks he's special.


    This of course is not a rooster, but this little wire chicken was a gift from one of my children many, many years ago and is so special to me.


    This of course is the wonderful rooster cloche that my son recently gave to me when we were having our first "Cloche Party". I just love it, such a precious gift.


    My speckled rooster with the baby chick at his feet commands center stage just about anywhere I put him. I found him at Ross a few years back.


    This cute little white rooster perched on top of the sphere is a recent find at Ross. I also found the cute little bird that sits next to him at the same time. I think they're really good friends.


    My cute little blue and white rooster pitcher is such a sweet addition to my blue and white collection. This little guy came from Marshalls.


    I use the shelves on the sides of the entertainment center to display a lot of my dishes since it's part of the kitchen/familyroom combination. This picture shows my wonderful rooster and chicken plates that my daughter gave me 25 yrs. ago. They are very special treasures.






    So, in case it didn't already show, I guess I am a professed rooster collector. lol They are all so fun and each one has their own personality and character. Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget the "Fall Cloche Party" on Sept. 11th.


Post Title

Show us Your Roosters


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/08/show-us-your-roosters.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List