Our Kitchen

    Our family room and kitchen share the cathedral ceiling and skylights end of our home. I showed the updates to our family room here. Rene at Cottage and Vine has a Room to Room: Kitchens happening so I thought I would update and join in.


    Our kitchen is long and narrow, with our free farmhouse table and chairs at the patio door end of the room. Our walls are Stone House by Benjamin Moore. I tend to use lots of whites, black, blues and wood tones in our home.


    I love to bake but I'm not an expert, so I keep practicing ;)


    We added some architectural interest with a white board and batten wall, that continues on the soffit above the cabinets and eventually hopefully soon will continue around to the family room side. We love barns and anything farm related and added the barn photos I took in inexpensive frames.


    Our breakfast bar divides the working and eating areas. I painted the farmer's market sign with items I already had on hand.


    White kitchen cabinets and white appliances.


    I like adding small pops of colour to our mostly white kitchen, like in this aqua painted mirror, a few dollars at a yard sale and leftover paint.


    Glass canisters keep my baking supplies (and Remington's treats) close at hand.


    The little counter between our stove and fridge has a beverage tray filled with things we grab often for hot or cold drinks.


    I enjoy using white dishes and simple glassware.


    We added the shelves to the end of the upper cabinets for some pretties.


    The arrangements on our table and hutch change frequently. My dream/future kitchen has wood floors, painted wood cabinets, a farmhouse sink and a huge eating area, but we are happy with what we have. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed the updated tour of our kitchen.

    I'm joining the Room By Room: Kitchens linky party at Cottage and Vine. Stop by to see some great kitchens and so many wonderful ideas.

    I'm also linking with my friends at ...
     Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm

Post Title

Our Kitchen


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/10/our-kitchen.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List