Union Jack Shield Pillow

    My little British Invasion table inspired my latest sewing project for our living room.

    While I rarely use red in our decor, I couldn't resist this transfer from The Graphics Fairy. This is the first time I have attempted an ink jet transfer and except for the loss of a bit of red at the joint of the two images (it stuck to the iron), I think it turned out fairly well.

    The pillow cover is made out of white denim and I added a down and feather pillow insert. I love how squishy it is. I chose the white denim over drop cloth for this one because the graphic has an antiqued cream in the cross of St. George and I didn't want it blending in to the drop cloth colour. The white denim also matches the chair slipcover to the left of the window and some of the stripes in my quilted pillows.

    The project took about an hour from start to finish. I paid $7 for 3 transfer sheets at Michaels, and only used 2 sheets. I already had the pillow insert and the denim was leftover from my slipcovers.

    Now I really need to come up with some ideas for artwork over the leather couch. I'm thinking of a gallery wall, but not just photos. Time will tell if the red stays in this room but I think it is a fun pillow and I'm enjoying it for now.

    I love joining link parties because I get to see so many great ideas and find blogs I wouldn't have come across otherwise!

    I'm joining transformation thursday at The Shabby Chic Cottage.






















    I was invited to join the Creative Bloggers Party and Hop at Homemaker on a Dime. If you came by from the blog hop I would love for you to follow. Let me know in the comments and I will stop by and follow yout too. So many great parties to choose from, but they are a great way to meet bloggers. 

Post Title

Union Jack Shield Pillow


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/05/union-jack-shield-pillow.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List