Inspiration ~ Simply Breezy

    I love having a quiet hour or two, sitting in my favourite reading spot with an icy glass of lemonade, and flipping through my decor books for inspiration.


    Better Homes and Gardens second home ~finding your place in the sun  is an old favourite, published in 2000, but the advice on searching for and purchasing a second vacation home is still valid. Very pretty pictures, too. We won't be buying a second home anytime soon, but I certainly would refer to it again whenever we do.

    all images: Better Homes and Gardens Second Home Finding Your Perfect Place In the Sun

    This beachfront home I am sharing was one of the reasons why I first bought the book and I still love this look many years later. Especially at this time of year, as I strive to lighten our home for summer, I am very drawn to the simple colours and textures.

    I am inspired by the laid-back textures and materials: natural birch floors, coir rugs, pine tables, white canvas slipcovers, enamelware, painted wood chairs, Muskoka (Adirondack) chairs,

    simple and bright white walls, white painted wicker, simple blue and white fabrics, white dishes and pitchers,

    wrought iron candleholders, breezy white curtains, ticking stripe, casual bunches of cut flowers, and of course, the view! I guess this casual beach style is really quite timeless. That's it, I'm getting out my flipflops today.

Post Title

Inspiration ~ Simply Breezy


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/05/inspiration-simply-breezy.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List