Patience Pays Off

    I have been searching and searching and I finally found a buffet and hutch for our kitchen!

    My criteria for the search was excellent condition, solid wood, well made, both doors and drawers, substantial crown moulding, local area and fitting our budget. I saw hundreds of cabinets and buffets and hutches on kijiji and Craigslist and it took awhile, but boy did I get lucky.


    Solid oak, not a scratch, great hinged doors that open flush, and solid drawers. I {heart} the generous crown moulding and bit of detail without being too ornate. The couple we bought it from are local and are moving back to my husband's hometown. We scored it for $100. (I need to raise the BAKERY sign.) I think we need to change out the hardware though. Maybe black.

     Of course when adding a new piece of furniture to a home it usually triggers moving other pieces. The white and aqua cabinet moved onto a small wall in our dining room. The pine IKEA shelf was bought as a temporary storage solution with the plan of moving it to our cold storage room. I filled it with creamware and white dishes and still need to tweak the buffet surface.

    I had considered painting the armoire in the family room but now I'm definitely going to paint it. Distressed white or aqua...hmmm?

    Sometimes it pays to have a bit of patience. If budget is an issue, keep searching for that piece you want. Use something temporarily and make a list of the 'needs' and 'wants' that the piece should have. My hubby is very impressed and keeps making me promise I won't paint the buffet and hutch. He usually doesn't give his opinion, other than it looks nice. Is there something you are searching for?

    I'm linking to Funky Junk Interiors. Hope to 'see' you there.

Post Title

Patience Pays Off


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/05/patience-pays-off.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List