Adding More Colour

    Now that our living room is painted white, I'm feeling more confident in adding some colour to the room.

    I decided to paint a mirror and two tabletop picture frames this pretty aqua that I have used on the inside of our pie safe and our bar stools.

    The colour is Ocean Spray from Benjamin Moore. I love blues and I think having several things painted this shade helps the different rooms flow together. I'm trying to sell this table and I'm searching for a replacement that I can paint.

    The Befores~
    The mirror was pretty but the gold finish doesn't really work with our other things. I paid $3 for the mirror and the brand new frames were $1 each at a really cool garage sale last year where the lady was retiring and closing her home accessories store. The mirror doesn't have an after, because as usual lately, I somehow managed to not be able to get the mirror to fit back in. Loosening the screws and taking the back off also let glass slivers come out, so I'm giving up on the mirror part and just keeping the frame. I'll share a picture of it later.


    The frames before were the two that aren't a pair.


    I used latex wall paint but you could easily use craft or spray paint. A quick spray of matte sealer will protect them from kid's fingerprints too.



    And the best part is that I already had the paint and it was a quick project. It is very easy to get caught up in the beautiful projects and inspiration in blogland. There is so much happening, no wonder! Easier still to avoid projects of our own. Sometimes I just have to remind myself that even completing little projects can give me a real sense of satisfaction. Is there something that you could fit into your decor better and freshen up with a few quick coats of paint?
    Thanks for stopping by!

    I'm sharing this with The Shabby Nest Frugal Friday and Funky Junk Saturday Nite Special. Hope you can join me at two great link parties.


Post Title

Adding More Colour


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/05/adding-more-colour.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List