Some Summer Annuals for our Backyard

    Today was our first full day of sunshine and warm weather in a very long time.
    Our grass is still very wet from days and days of heavy rains, but it was nice to sit outside under the gazebo and enjoy the beginnings of our summer garden.



































    In between raindrops on the Victoria Day long weekend my sister and I shopped for plants and weeded her gardens (she will help shop for plants, but she doesn't 'do' gardening, so I do it for her.)

    I managed to get my planters filled up before more rain came but have not had a chance to weed, thin out and mulch the backyard flowerbeds. I plan to add some annuals to the garden, too.
    I planted lots of geraniums and petunias because our backyard gets so much sun. We also spread grass seed to try and deal with the dog 'p' spots. The little rattan and iron sidetables were $5 each at a yard sale last weekend.

    I have more pillows that still need to be brought outside for our Muskoka chairs. Our son is using the farmhouse table we were using as a patio table, for his rabbit cages in the garage. I got rid of the windsor chairs from last summer because even though I primed them, the white spray paint came off in big sheets. I'm keeping my eye out for another option for more seating.

    I'm really enjoying the lovely flowers (geraniums, dracana spikes, petunias, lobelia) in this pair of larger planters and look forward to them filling out more.

    This iron stand with the zinc pots was on the front porch last year, but I'm trying it with geraniums and petunias on the patio this year.


    It looks like K needs to weed wack better and this picture is cropped so much (see below) because we need to find room in the garage for the canoe that is currently on the patio! I know we have had a ton of rain, but not enough to use the canoe in the backyard. Just keeping it real!

     I guess if I can't find affordable patio chairs, we can always sit in the canoe!

    I'm joining Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays at Coastal Charm because I think the little tables were a really good deal. There are always lots of great links at Linda's party.










    I'm also joining Wow us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style. Thanks Kim!











    I'm also linking to SNS at Funky Junk Interiors' Patio Decor.

Post Title

Some Summer Annuals for our Backyard


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/05/some-summer-annuals-for-our-backyard.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List