I Love Metal!

     I love the patina and functional uses of metals. Galvanized, wrought iron, rusty or new. Metal appeals to me.

    My collection of old galvanized pieces is slowly growing.

    The first piece I owned is this old sap bucket with the rusty star. It is very versatile and can be used indoors or out in any season. In the summer I fill it with hydrangeas or other flowers cut from our garden to be enjoyed on our backyard patio or...

    brought indoors and enjoyed in the family room.

    I also have a great old watering can (it doesn't even leak!) and another larger sap bucket on top of the small cabinet in our living room. The chicken wire basket holds some croquet balls and sticks and brings a bit of colour into our white living room.

    I hope to one day find a larger piece or some bookcases for this wall. Then I will have more room for my collection as it grows!

    This old galvanized washboard reflects two of my collections, galvanized pieces and washboards.


    The worn metal rings on my beloved Crown canning jars makes me weak in the knees ;) I'm searching for a solid metal top, without the glass insert.

    A huge rusty barn star hangs on the cathedral wall in the family room/kitchen end our our home. 

    We store old wrought iron candleholders, little IKEA lanterns, and a pair of chicken wire garden cages on top of the armoire in the winter and use them on our backyard patio in the summer.

    I love that they remind me of the good weather and gardens to come all winter long.

    A love of metal inspired one of my recent purchases too. I have long dreamed of owning a KitchenAid Professional mixer, so of course I chose a metal finish.

    The party this weekend at Funky Junk Interiors is highlighting galvanized finishes, but be sure to check out the home decor and crafts/recipes. There is always tons of inspiration to be had at Donna's parties. 
    I'm also linking to Metal Saturday at Freckled Laundry. Lot of inspiration and metal-lucsiousness.
    I hope you have a great weekend!

     

Post Title

I Love Metal!


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-love-metal.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List