Furniture I Would Not Paint

    I love seeing a piece of wood furniture made over just as much as most of you. Paint can really update or change the style of a piece.

    Paint can also add some much needed colour, or take away a bright colour by using a soft or subdued tint. It can also hide a tone of wood that is very dated or that you just don't like (our office supply armoire, below.) Years of use can be disguised with some tlc and paint (our farmhouse table and chairs, below.)

    But then there are those pieces that have special meaning, history or that you just like the way they are. Different types of wood and wood tones appeal to different people. While I love painting furniture, sometimes NOT painting something is the way to go. Our oak buffet and hutch in the kitchen is one of those special pieces. It is very solidly built and a design that we really like.

    Our Mennonite built farmhouse table and Windsor chairs we bought with wedding money will not be painted either.


    I was inspired to share these pieces that I don't plan to paint by Kathy at Creative Home Expressions. Do you have furniture that you would not paint?

Post Title

Furniture I Would Not Paint


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/07/furniture-i-would-not-paint.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List