Leather Headboard

    One week 'till Christmas and we are busy here finishing some last minute preparations. I don't really have time for more work on the new look for our bedroom, except to keep it tidy, but I wanted to share our new leather headboard.
     
    My niece and her hubby bought a new high end bedroom suite and gave us their barely used dark brown king sized leather headboard. We love it! It replaces the Shaker style blue headboard we had for a number of years:
    (I sold both IKEA 3 drawer dressers and the king headboard/footboard on kijiji.)
    We picked up two night tables and a long dresser with triple mirror, solid pine with dovetailed drawers, from a local lady for $75. I lightly sanded them before the weather got too cold and hope to paint them sometime next year. 
    These are some inspiration photos for the changes I have in mind, from the 2008 HGTV Dream Home. We have a similar wall colour and we will use the leather headboard instead of the canopy fabric. I especially like the creamy colour of the night tables and mirrors and will probably use something similar on our dresser and night tables. Instead of the brown quilt I might add some blue. Do you have any inspiration photos or links with leather headboards and neutral colours?
    
    Hoping all your holiday preparations and plans are going well! I'm going to enjoy this week off work, leading up to Christmas. If all goes well, I will get to meet up with a sweet blog friend for the first time. I hope you enjoy your week, too.

Post Title

Leather Headboard


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2010/12/leather-headboard.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List