I Love Decorating With Black!

    I love seeing all the beautiful white rooms out there, and I enjoy using lots of whites and neutrals in our home. But I don't think I would be happy without black elements in our home.
    image: CountryLiving

    Black goes so well with white, and I love it with stainless steel and galvanized metal.

    Our front entry cupboard

    Some people like having certain colours in their homes, others prefer lots of white. While I love accenting with shades of blue and using lots of whites and neutrals, black is my preferred 'colour'. Black can add sophistication to a room, or a simple country feel. I was happy to recently read popular blogs mentioning that 'black is back'. Black didn't really ever leave our place! 

    image: scanned Ethan Allen ad

    Melaine at My Sweet Savannah recently shared that no matter how many times she redecorates, she goes 'back to black'. Pat at Back Porch Musings has a gorgeous home, and along with beautiful wood tones, has some gorgeous black painted pieces. Sandy at Paint Me White shared the lovely contrast of black and white in 'Black is Back'.

    Above 3 Images: Kimberley Jackson, 700 Queen St. E. Toronto, Ontario

    I was surfing through kijiji the other day, and found my way to a Toronto blog and store, Kimberley Jackson, with some beautiful furniture made from salvaged materials. They have some awesome black pieces as well.

    I'm keeping my eye out for a round pedestal table that I can paint white to possibly pair with the black windsors in our kitchen.


    I also like mixing black with plain or scrubbed pine like in our dining room. While this is too country for some, it really appeals to me.


    Especially when I add in lots of white china and simple white drapes. 


    I also like using black frames, as I did here in our family room, with or without white mats. I am currently working on a family picture gallery wall in our upstairs hall. I'll share more of that as it grows.


    Do you like black accessories or furniture in your home? Or is black just not your thing. I would love for you to share your thoughts.



    

Post Title

I Love Decorating With Black!


Post URL

https://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/02/i-love-decorating-with-black.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List