Slipcovers in White

     Slipcovers are a great way to give an older piece of furniture new life.


    I've posted these photos before, but I'm sharing them today for the slipcover Saturday Night Special feature at Funky Junk Interiors.  I have made a few blue denim slipcovers in the past, but in the last two years I have used white denim or duck. This sofa slipcover is actually an IKEA slipcover that fits our custom made (and heavily patterned) family room sofa. I thought I would try it out before I spent all the money and time on making one. Lucky for me, it fit quite well!


    I really like the pleated bottom on this ottoman slipcover I sewed for the family room. It looks even better and softer now that it has been washed several times.


    This kind of pleat is easy if you iron the folds before sewing them in place. The chair slipcover is also one I made. I love the soft ruffled bottom. In the photo below, I had just ripped apart the living room after Christmas to make plans for new paint etc. I'll have to take some new photos, as the throw covers the nice curved back of the chair.

    
    This small ottoman was free and blue velvet with french provincial legs before I made a simple white denim slipcover for it. Very sturdy and super easy to wash. One of my tricks is to put the slipcovers on while still damp.


    My slipcovers are not perfect, but I think they get a bit better each time I make one. I hope you get a chance to stop by Donna's SNS. Just be warned, you will be there for awhile!

Post Title

Slipcovers in White


Post URL

https://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2011/02/slipcovers-in-white.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List