Easy Denim ottoman slipcover

     
    For Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special, week 3 Anything Goes, I thought I would show this ottoman that I made a  denim slipcover for. We've been pretty busy here with all the trick-or-treaters (we get over 150 kiddos) so I'm reusing some photos  from earlier in the summer. I have since made pillows for this little bench at the end of our bed, but I need to upload the photos.
     White denim was the fabric I decided on and I'm very happy with it. So easy to wash when the kids spill the food or drinks they are not supposed to bring into our room.
    This was the ottoman/bench that my friend from work gave me. The velvet fabric was in great shape but I was wanting something a little more neutral.
    It was really quite easy to sew, just a simple gathered piece sewn onto a semi-fitted top. For those of you with access to a sewing machine and afraid to sew, this is by no means a pro job. Everything was fitted by eye, no pattern and all sewing involved straight lines. Pin, pin, pin and sew. You can see photos of the pinning here.
     Be sure to stop by Funky Junk Interiors hosted by the fabulous Donna to see the rest of this weeks Saturday Nite Specials. And if H1N1 is in your area, take care and be well!
    Edited to add Jan.2010: I'm linking up to Angie at ThreadNeedleStudio's Slipcover Show-Off Linky Party.

Post Title

Easy Denim ottoman slipcover


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/10/easy-denim-ottoman-slipcover.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List