Living Room Summer Look ~ Met. Monday


    Thanks again to Susan for hosting this wonderful Metamorphois Monday. Be sure to visit her @http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com to see all the wonderful posts.

    When we moved into our new home and I discovered that my carpet wasn't beige but cocoa, I couldn't use my favorite reds and golds. The red made the carpet look pink and the gold made the carpet look dirty. So I finally found some dark peach tones and pulled the room together with cocoa, chocolate and peach. Looked good to me and so there it stayed. I have never been one to change things very often. Just put it together and leave it alone. Then I started seeing all the beautiful rooms you gals change all the time and my dear friend Kathysue changes hers for the seasons, so one day I told her I thought it would be nice to have a cooler summer look since we live in the desert. Now this lady has more decorating talent that accidentally drips off her little finger than I have in my whole body. She immediately said "Oh, I think a cool blue/green, linen and white would look great". Perfect, so off to the fabric store I went.

    These two pictures are the before with peach.




    I found three great fabrics. One with tulips, a stripe and a plaid. The tulip linen was on sale for $3yd, the stripe is an outdoor fabric and the plaid is a tablecloth from Ross. I thought the colors worked great together, and inexpensive at the same time. Out came the sewing machine and off to work I went.





    I had already been collecting white dishes and accessories from frequent shopping trips to the Goodwill, so I started pulling everything out and trying my hand at tabletop vignettes with all my thrifty finds.



    The fairies I borrowed out of the yard and with a new coat of whitewash, they looked great. Isn't that little face just precious.



    All of the accessories are my Goodwill treasures or things I already had.



    I used my grandmother's platter as a tray for the tea set, and her little glass candleholders. These were always on her table.



    I thought a luncheon size tablecloth looked more casual for summer. Notice how the blue/green pops out in the painting. Somehow I never noticed that before.



    Even the books on the end table are from Goodwill.



    I love the much cooler look of the room, it just seems so refreshing to walk through it. Now when the summer months hit those all too often 110 and 120 degrees, I can think of cool breezes and ocean waters. Well, I can dream anyway. Thank all of you ladies for always inspiring, and most of all thank you Kathysue, you're a special friend.

    I appreciate you stopping by, I always look forward to your visits. Hugs, Marty

Post Title

Living Room Summer Look ~ Met. Monday


Post URL

https://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/02/living-room-summer-look-met-monday.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List