Metamorphosis Monday ~~mini met~~


    Welcome to my new blog and thanks for stopping by. Thanks to Susan from BETWEEN NAPS ON THE PORCH, http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/, for hosting Metamorphosis Monday. This is my first time participating. I had planned to post my laundry room but the paint is drying as I type and the new appliances arrive on Tuesday. So for this Met Monday I would like to share an ottoman slipcover I made.
    My friend from work gave me the ottoman but I wanted a change from the blue velvet. I also like when a piece can serve more than one purpose or be moved to other spots in our home. When I get a chair or two, or a loveseat, for the bay window in our bedroom, the ottoman can always be used there too. I chose a white denim fabric because I like a lot of whites and neutrals in our bedroom. The denim will also launder easily if one of the kids puts a sticky hand on it. Although I have made several slipcovers for couches, loveseats and chairs, I am by no means an expert seamstress. I hold, tuck, cut, pin, measure, guess, re-adjust, and hope for the best. I have yet to try welting/cording but hope to soon. Like the Nester http://nestingplacenc.blogspot.com/ says, 'it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful'.
    This is the before:


    Some in progress shots:




    Now maybe I need to make a pillow for it. Thanks for stopping by for Met Monday and make sure you check out the other Met Monday projects.

Post Title

Metamorphosis Monday ~~mini met~~


Post URL

https://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2009/02/metamorphosis-monday-mini-met.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List