Pillows for our Porch

    This weekend I got a chance to sew some new pillows for our front porch.


    The weather was cool cold, rainy and windy and we are still getting frost warnings. I was tempted to buy some annuals but decided to wait until warmer weather. So I made pillows instead. 


    My good friend and colleague, T., kindly thought of me when her family had several rolls of fabric to give away. Thanks T! This pattern had about one yard of fabric, just perfect for a couple of pillows. The brown background and blue and green leaves not only match our porch, but introduce colours that one would see as they enter our home. 


     The best part is that this little project cost nothing, gifted fabric and previous pillow inserts! You can see our small front porch, last year at this link.


    I have also found a pine dining table and three chairs for our backyard plans. If the weather will cooperate, I can paint them this week. Hopefully with a few coats of poly they will stand up to some sun and rain. Lots of planting and fluffing still to do, but it is a fun first step.

    I'm linking up to Linda's Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday.
    I'm also linking up to Kimba's A Soft Place to Land DIY Day.
    Be sure to stop by my next post to enter my 100th follower giveaway and my Cottage Charm giveaway!

    `

Post Title

Pillows for our Porch


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2010/05/pillows-for-our-porch.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List