Hydrangea in the Family Room and an Earthquake

    Today in Ontario we had an earthquake and later this evening we are expecting heavy rains, thunderstorms, potentially damaging winds and hail.
    Luckily, throughout the large area of Ontario affected by the 5.0 earthquake this afternoon, there were only reports of trembling and objects moving but no reported damage. I was at work (on the ground floor) and felt the computer and my chair shake slightly. With the heavy rains we had earlier in the week, and the heavy rains and winds expected tonight, I decided to cut some hydrangea and bring them in. I added some to the old sap bucket I scored at a yard sale this spring for $1, rusty stars included.

                                          
    You might remember that I bought the white slipcover from IKEA, and it fit our family room couch almost perfectly. I had switched the living room leather couch with this white slipcovered one in the family room, but now they are back in their original spots. I decided I would rather live with two boys and having to wash the slipcover in the family room often, than have two boys destroy eat on my favourite leather sofa. The leather is happily back in our living room.
                                         

    I sewed all the pillows and pick them up off the floor move them around often. I still have to finish painting the TV nook and a favourite stitched piece's frame, and then I will post pictures of the other side of this room. I'll be needing ideas for the mantleless fireplace wall.


     I also moved the blue denim slipcovered chair up from the basement TV room. One more week of school and I can concentrate on finishing slipcovers for the other chair in the room and the dark brown ottoman.

    This is the end of the family room, with two sets of windows on the family room side, and patio doors on the kitchen side. My plan is to one day cover the popcorn ceiling of the cathedral with beadboard. I hope to practice on a smaller area in the basement stairs ceiling this summer.


    Hydrangea are one of my favourite flowers and I am so happy that the bush has so many pretty blooms this year.


    Just some fun shots in Photobucket.


    I'm linking to The Shabby Chic Cottage's Transformation Thursday. Thanks, Gina, for hosting.
    I'm also joining Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for her SNS party. Be sure to drop by to see the other links plus the special themed links each week. This week's special theme is old doors.



Post Title

Hydrangea in the Family Room and an Earthquake


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2010/06/hydrangea-in-family-room-and-earthquake.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List