My Design Style

    I keep coming back to this magazine article I tore from an old issue of Country Home. It has been in my inspiration binder for several years and is hands down my favourite.
    I admire many decorating styles, try out a few in our home, moving things here and there, but I always come back to this when I think of how I want our home to look. Prairie Pretty they called it. Rugged and Romantic. Quilts, ticking, eyelet, lace, leather, painted wood, white curtains, metal, galvanized, browns and tans, blues, white.  Rugged sturdy denim and romantic lacy cottons. I love all the fabrics.
    I don't necessarily want to copy this bedroom, but I want to incorporate more of these textures, fabrics and materials that I love, into our home. Adding more of these elements and this feeling to our 12 year old home in a suburb. When buying something new or redoing a bargain find, I have been trying to keep these two photos in mind.  Add in some antique pine country pieces, some painted pieces, agricultural elements (cows, horses, barns), a lake, and this is my style.  I admire many styles, but this is the design style I want for our home. Do you have a design file of magazine tearouts or computer files of favourite images? What name would you give to this style I am struggling to label?

    I'm linking to Cheap Chic Home Fabric Fun Thursday no. 16. Stop by for some fabric inspiration.

Post Title

My Design Style


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2010/06/my-design-style.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List