Berry Delicious!

    All week I have been stopping by our local farm market looking for a flat of local strawberries and they have been sold out. 

    Today the kids and I grabbed some Timmy's and stopped by just after the farm market opened. Score! Mid July is a bit late for local berries here, but the last two weeks of June are always so busy with school ending and I put it off. And off. In the blink of an eye we are well into July and facing a fall and winter without our strawberry freezer jam.

    The kiddos and nieces would not be happy with that {me either!} Hubby took the boys up north to the farm for the day, and I made batches and batches of freezer jam. Fourteen small jars (250ml) and four larger jars (500ml). Then I washed up and headed to the store for more sugar. 
    On the way back I picked up my 12 year old niece Heebee {nickname}. Heebee had asked to help make their supply of jam, and I wasn't turning down help! My boys and my sister's kids have baked and made jam with me since they were old enough to stand on a stool or chair at the counter. Sometimes five kids at once fighting over who's turn it is to add flour taking turns. We mashed and mixed and mixed some more. Fourteen 1 cup (250 ml) jars for my sister's family.
    Happy that there is lots of strawberry freezer jam! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I found a solid oak Mennonite made armoire on kijiji that we are going to see tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a solution to our office area in the family room. If I get it, I'll be sure to post pictures. Edited to add: That particular armoire needed too
     much attention for the price. I'll keep looking. 

    I'm linking to Show and Share Day at Just a Girl. Be sure to grab a cold (or hot) drink and stop by. There are some really great links.

Post Title

Berry Delicious!


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2010/07/berry-delicious.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List