Chair and Ottoman Slips Completed

    Two finished projects this week for our family room! I added the hem and ruffle to the white denim chair slipcover and today I made a slipcover for the ottoman out of muslin. The muslin is the same colour as the drop cloth pillows. Total cost: ZERO $
    I love the casual pleat on the ottoman cover and the looser tuck on the hem of the chair slipcover.
    The chair slipcover is not perfect but I love it (and it covers a rip!) I won a $40 gift card from a local fabric store and bought 4 metres of white denim for $10/metre. My friend gave me several yards of the muslin.

    It is difficult to photograph our family room in the daytime because of all the sun from the skylights. There are lots of whites and off whites in our home, but I have lots of black and wood too. And shades of blue. I love blue! (Blue striped pillows are on the floor in this photo. Isn't that where pillows are supposed to go?!!)
    Dark brown ottoman before:
    Just a hint of the legs (same as the pair of chairs.) I need to get the wrinkles out and vacuum the fabric bits!
    It's the long weekend here (hard to believe half my summer holiday is over!) We just got back from camping and are staying home this weekend, so hopefully I can accomplish a bit more.

    I'm linking to SNS hosted by Donna at Funky Junk Interiors. Lots of fun and great ideas!
    I'm also linking to Funky Junk Interiors SNS #44 Most Favourite Project Ever. Stop by for some awesome ideas all in one great spot. Thanks, Donna!

    And to Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Feature Friday.

    Linking also to Momspiration Monday at Mom's By Heart.

Post Title

Chair and Ottoman Slips Completed


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2010/07/chair-and-ottoman-slips-completed.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List