Ralph Lauren Inspired Guest Bedroom

    Denim, wood, white and natural linens, faded florals, plaid flannel, quilts, leather, vintage suitcases, ticking stripes, blue paisley.....

    these are all things that I love and the inspiration for a little almost-no-cost makeover in progress in our basement guest bedroom.
    I love these images (above and below) from Ralph Lauren Home and I'm using them as inspiration for our guest room. I have pulled together some items in the room we are already using, and added some other items from 'shopping the house'. We love blue, and will be keeping the blue walls for now (my sister will kill me laugh uncontrollably if I mention painting this room again, especially with the kitchen unfinished.)

    I love the texture in these inspiration photos and still need to search for some items to add this feel ('cause I don't have any great old leather chairs looking for a new spot.) The mix of patterns on the bed is really interesting and I think I can pull off a bit of the look with what we have (blue plaid, blue and white ticking, denim, a faded floral, white and some beige twill.)
    The bedroom is also home to an exercise area and a drum set, and it used to have three twin beds. It is not a huge room, but long and narrow. We added a double bed with headboard and kept one of the twins with a spare hidden mattress for guests with kids. While I love the ornate bed in the inspiration photos, this is the headboard I am working with for now. Yeah, not high on character factor, but I like wood.
    A special rocking chair will add some more wood to the room and I hope to find the perfect dresser or night table. I also like the look of stacked quilts and have a few that will work and be handy for guests. 

    The curtains I will be using are already made (formerly from our family room) from this paisley fabric.
      Delmonico by Liz Claibourne
    I already have denim bedskirts and twill shams. This twin quilt that I made from old jeans will also fit in well.
    This photo inspired me to collect a few inexpensive paintings and I even found a vintage blue suitcase.
    Image: Country Living
    We love these rodeo prints, but I was having trouble making them work in the living room. Hopefully they will fit in with some other cowboy/farm elements in the guest suite.
    I hope to share photos as our almost-no-cost guest bedroom makeover progresses. I would love to have it mostly finished before I start decorating for Christmas. Thanks for stopping by! 


Post Title

Ralph Lauren Inspired Guest Bedroom


Post URL

http://learningwithimpact.blogspot.com/2010/11/ralph-lauren-inspired-guest-bedroom.html


Visit Learning with Impact for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List